Typically we’ll depart Sneem 10.30 AM or meet at 11 AM in Caherdaniel Village. Earlier starts available for private bookings.
Derrynane & Caherdaniel Highlights:
- Scenic ancient woodland trails.
- Wild Atlantic Views.
- Semi-tropical Rhododendron passages.
- Best sights of the Ring of Kerry.
- Unmatched panoramas including Skellig islands.
- Pristine white sandy beaches.
- Historical Abbey Island.
- Visit the Derrynane Mass Rock.
- Finish with a dip in the Wild Atlantic (optional of course!)
What You’ll Experience on this trail around Derrynane
This wonderful loop walk begins and ends near the village of Caherdaniel. It’s a timeless walk through the grounds of the Liberator Daniel O’Connell’s Home, offering a wonderful mix of quiet green lanes, stunning sea views, native woodland, white sandy beach and Wild Atlantic shoreline.
Reaching a maximum height of 150 metres, near where the Kerry Way joins the Mass Path, this relatively low level walk still rewards you with fabulous panoramic sea views. As you begin the descent from this height, the spectacular views continue until you reach the shores of Derrynane Harbour and beach. After a visit to Abbey Island, a swim at Derrynane with its Blue Flag status is a wonderful experience.